Perhaps it is the impending “winter storm” here in Atlanta (otherwise known as an inch of snow), but this week I’ve been thinking about sunny Florida, specifically, Orlando. To many, Orlando is a place for magic, memories, thrills and well, sunburns. For us #eventprofs Orlando is one of the industry's busiest trade show and event markets. Translation – no roller coaster rides when we’re in Orlando.To that end, and because we love our friends, we asked our Orlando team to choose their favorite dining spots and watering holes so you have a few local spots to escape to after your trade show or event. We even included a couple resources we thought you might find useful too.
*Below updated February 2017
Best bets near the OCCC:
- B‐Line Diner at the Hyatt (great for lunch!)
- Miller’s Ale House
- Café Tu Tu Tango
- Yard House (huge selection of beers on tap and a diverse menu)
- Charley’s Steak House (private dining available)
- The Capital Grille
Other options to escape to (i.e. avoid seeing your boss during happy hour):
Emergency Run Resources (we hope you won't need this!):
- The Home Depot: 7423 Southland Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32809
- FedEx Office Print & Ship Center: In the OCCC, Located outside West Concourse Hall C and the North and South Concourses
If you need a specific recommendation for a restaurant, or help with other local resources, contact our Orlando team at 407.826.3511. You might even reach our newest smiling face in Orlando, Ashlyn, who joined us in 2016 as a Customer Service Representative.
Inspired to head to Orlando and need a work excuse? Click here to search for upcoming shows in Orlando.